Learn to be an Agile Project Manager
Are you a project or programme manager transitioning to an Agile world? Are people telling you there is no project management role or that they don’t do estimates any more? Do you have to interface between Agile teams and a Waterfall organisation? Do you believe in Agile but don’t know how to introduce it? Are the teams doing Scrum one day and Kanban the next and there seems like there’s no control?
Rather than teaching one Agile method, this training course will teach Agile principles and practices and show how they connect to project management knowledge (such as PMBOK). It will show you how to apply them, to give you complete flexibility as a project manager to get the best delivery in a full-blown Agile implementation or in a highly waterfall organisation.
Find out how to use Agile to your advantage to create high-performing teams, delivering high-quality on-time.
The course is highly interactive and practical. You are encouraged to bring any project artefacts you have and work on your own real-world examples; you’ll be helped to create personal actions and strategies that will benefit you immediately.
Topics of Agile Project Management Training
The course will be customised to your specific needs and can include:
- An overview of Agile methods (Scrum, Evo, XP, Kanban, Lean, SAFe)
- The Agile project manager – a new mindset?
- Effective project kick-offs
- Structuring your teams for high-performance
- Vision, Goals, Roadmaps, Backlogs
- A new way to handle risk and uncertainty
- The WOW model – how to build the right thing and build it right
- The key technical practices
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Continuous improvement
- Stakeholder management
- Monitoring and controlling:
- Managing scope when scope constantly changes
- Project control mechanisms
- Project reporting
- Advanced topics:
- Transitioning a project to Agile
- How to fail at Agile
- Agile at Scale
- Valuable documentation
- Working with 3rd party vendors
To find out more Contact us.